Tuesday, January 13, 2015

living life as the pickiest eater

So I may not be the pickiest eater ever, but I'm definitely one of the pickiest 31 year old eaters ever! I've come a long way and I eat a lot more than I used to but I still have a lot of food issues.

(a few of the) Things I can't even have on my plate:
Broccoli
Mushrooms
Cooked tomatoes
Mayonnaise
Mustard

I don't really care for red sauces (hence the cooked tomato issue), so that cuts back on the healthy sauce choices. It's not that I don't like the flavor - it's that I don't like the texture. I can dip things in tomato sauce or salsa, but only because I have control over how much will be on the piece. And to be sure that no chunks make it into my mouth. I know, I know - I'm slightly insane.

That being said - it's hard for me to just go online and find a recipe. I'm always having to adjust things - which sometimes changes the flavor too much. But I have had some successes!





The Spicy Parmesan Shrimp skillet from How Sweet It Is was fabulous! Next time I make it, I may cut it in half - there was a lot of marinade for the amount of protein/pasta in it. And I definitely threw in some extra red pepper flakes to kick it up. I also halved the pasta and added in veggeti-style carrots. It was delish and easy! I marinated the shrimp Sunday night and cooked the pasta - and then just cut the carrots and threw it all in a big pan Monday night, plus I have leftovers! 


What are some either flavor combos that work olive oil and soy sauce? This one used both - but definitely didn't have a strong taste of either - probably because of the Parmesan and red pepper flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment