Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Push It

The holidays are over, and so are the excuses. This might be a short week (I have off Monday and Friday), but that doesn't mean it's going to be short on exercising. I know this weekend is going to be full of debauchery (two concerts, Atlantic City and New Year's Eve), so that means this week is all about being well behaved.
not exactly a shot that screams "well behaved".


I do pretty well with eating at work. I try to eat what I pack for lunch, and I keep herbal tea and Cheerios in my desk to snack on. But the last two weeks were too easy to cheat after work, between parties and dinners. I like to follow the 80/20 rule -- I eat well 80% of the time, and splurge 20%. But if I'm not working out, I shouldn't even get that 20% wiggle room.

This week is going to be all about discipline. I love how Fit Chick in the City does "Say It, Do It", to be accountable for workouts, so here's mine:
Tuesday: Run/Arms
Wednesday: Run/Legs
Thursday: Run/Arms

Plus Thursday and Friday I will be at concerts - so spending a little time in the mosh pit has to count as an extra workout :)

Enter: my new plan. I need to sign up for a half marathon for 2012 so I have a solid deadline. I'm thinking maybe a 10K sometime in the spring, and a half in the summer.

we love an excuse to dress up. and match. fun race day outfits are a must!


Any ideas for some fun races? I'd love an excuse to travel, all ideas are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment