Wednesday, February 16, 2011

motivation

My heels are still aching, so I've been spinning, as opposed to running. Going to classes keeps me motivated - I love the feeling of being part of a group. It makes me want to work harder. Although sometimes even when I'm on the treadmill or elliptical I watch other people around me, and get competitve that way. What I really need is a running buddy! Its been in the 40's on some days, which I think is perfect running weather. Plantar facitis be damned!

My gym is rather ghetto, but its cheap and its close. And for the most part, the instructors are awesome! but the other night, I had an awful spin class.  This instructor is notorious for chirping non-stop into her headset, which is pretty annoying, but I can usually tune her out (but even I draw the line at hearing "I go, you go, I go, you go...TWENTY SEVEN TIMES in a row).  On top of that, the class was super boring, with three 8 minute segments of riding in position three. No increase in resistance, nothing, Just plain old riding for 8 minutes in a row. With random chiriping and wooing, and songs without words. I was dying. I don't think I've ever been so bored in the gym in my life.

Ok - I'm done venting, its Wednesday! Happy Hump Day! I'm going to try out a new chicken recipe - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment